Museums in St. George, Utah
Museums continue to pop up all around St. George.
Museums in the area abound with history, education, natural wonders and art in St. Goerge. Here is a list with links and descriptions to many in the area. The list below each contains a hyperlink to its respective site, and the approximate distance from BEST WESTERN Coral Hills.
- Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum – 0 blocks, FREE to the public, area artifacts and stories
- St. George Art Museum – 2 blocks, Minimal cost, well operated and very relaxing
- St. George Children’s Museum – 3 blocks, the Newest addition to a great collection, well worth a visit especially for young children with a lot of energy. Many hands on exhibits.
- Dixie State University Sears Art Gallery – 7 blocks, A great rotating gallery of art and history exhibits, minimal cost if any
- Rosenbruch Wildlife Museum – 2 miles, full body game animal mounts from across the globe and a vast collection of insects for your young entomologist (study of insects)
- Washington City Museum – 3 miles, Pioneer era artifacts
- Dinosaur Tracks at Johnsons Farm – 3 miles, showcases footprints of a kind raptor only known to exist in this area
- Samuel R. Knight Santa Clara History Museum – 5 miles, in the basement of the city offices.
- Western Sky Aviation Warbird Museum – 6 miles, a great collection of full and operational war planes.
- Hurricane Pioneer Museum – 16 miles, local pioneer artifacts
- Wells Fargo Silver Reef Museum – 10 miles, well operated, artifacts, restored buildings of an old mining ghost towm
- Pilot Peak DUP Museum – Enterprise, Utah, local pioneer artifacts
- Zion Human History Museum – 42 miles, natural history
If we were to add another the next should be a location for a film and movies showcasing the development of the film industry and the many movies made in the Southern Utah area. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, a multiple of John Wayne westerns, and SciFi movies such as Galaxy Quest and others. Much of the feature film The Fly Boys was filmed in St. George proper just blocks away from the Best Western Coral Hills property.